As promised during the last show (if you haven’t yet listened to it) we are opening up recruitment.
You may skip to the 2h 35min index of Episode 16 to hear the relative talk – this post aims to cover what we are looking for in potential recruits and what we are offering.
Who are we looking for
- Mature, self-sufficient players with a good grasp of the game. We are based out of 0.0 so if you just joined the game, this is not for you.
- Having said that, we are not following a “10M SP minimum” policy or anything, rather than that you have already discovered what you want to do in the game and you feel you are ready to go to 0.0
- That implies that you like to live in an environment that is high risk / high reward. We are explorers, amongst the first to enter wspace and went all the way from C1 sites to farming Class 6 sites with just a handful of people. We expect that any new recruit has a strong sense of exploration and doesn’t expect to be handed a plate of food, but rather that you will “get what you put in”.
- If you (like us) used to live out in wspace, you will feel at home. We are still focusing on doing high-end PVE in Class 5/6 wormholes, but based out of a base in 0.0 rather than a POS inside wspace. This allows us to form raiding parties in wspace, while when there is no scheduled PVE op we can go for a small-gang PVP roam or you can stay in 0.0 and do some ratting / plexing on your own in fully upgraded systems.
- PVP skills are more than welcome, but given that we don’t consider ourselves relatively good at PVP (some could say we really suck at it) we don’t expect to get any seasoned PVP focused players. We aim to train ourselves and get good at PVP sooner rather than later, so you may want to join us and hone your PVP skills together with the rest of us.
- Some of us might like doing PVP more than anything else, but we also have folks that rather shoot at rocks all day long. If you like Mining and are not afraid to take the risk to move into 0.0, then you will find lots of opportunities to mine ABC ores and help in gathering resources to build everything from T1 all the way up to T3 ships and items (including capitals).
What we can offer you
- A friendly, “casual” gameplay style. Not too many rules and regulations, but not without structure either. We don’t tolerate griefing, scamming and smacktalking. We are not pirates either. We operate under strict NBSI (not blue shoot it) rules of engagement.
- We have a strong logistics backend to support our operations and you can get advantage of that to focus on what you want to do.
- Organized PVE ops in high-end Class 5/6 Wormholes with experienced FCs and also the opportunity to learn how to PVP with the rest of us.
- We offer corp-insured PVE, Mining and PVP ships. Based on how much we trust you and the way you handle yourself in fights, you can get access from T1 frigates all the way to T3 ships (provided you can fly them efficiently) when we go out in a corp operation. You are expected to have your own PVE & PVP ships ofc. Same applies for mining ships, with Orca / Rorqual support for large operations.
- A strong base of operations located in Providence, able to roam freely in the constellation, with 4 stations with corp hangars, under the Sov of NOIR. Mercenary Group. The new Providence as it shapes up, looks like it’s going to become a small-gang PVP haven.
- Strong EU time zone players (who usually stay up late so you can also find us online in some of the US time zones as well :-p) US players welcome.
What we want from you
- If you are interested, send an eve-mail to Quivering Palm, with a brief description of your profile and what you’ve been doing so far in-game, as well as what you aim to achieve while part of SI Radio.
- Limited API Key is also required.
- Be available for an interview with one of our recruiting officers (you will be notified by eve-mail) using EVE Voice.
Recruitment will officially open May 1st
Please feel free to send in your application beforehand if interested, but we won’t be able to accept anyone’s app before May 1st.
Almost forgot – if you are Greek you get bonus beer points