Posts Tagged PLEX
SI Radio Member Opinion: Agatir Solenth – 2011.06.28
Greetings my fellow corp men, women, & blog readers!!!
It is funny that people seem to forget that TIME = MONEY. In a subscription based game it is in the interest for the company providing the game (in this case CCP) to make it take as long as possible before you reach your goal in game.
Therefore the real life equation would be:
GAME TIME (GT) = CCP MONEY aka Revenue(R)
So CCP’s revenue equation would look a little something like this:
12 x GT x Subscriptions (S) = Revenue per Year (R/Y)
As we all know that CCP can only make the subscription fee per month per account. The only way to increase revenue would be to increase the subscription costs or get more people to play. Call me crazy… but I think CCP has a pretty good idea of what size of the current MMO market is willing to play EvE.
NOW for the in game equation:
GT = PLAYER IN GAME MONEY (ISK)
As well all know our in game revenue equation looks like this:
GT = ISK/Hour
We are happy to announce that after quite a few attempts and several push backs, the Season 2 premiere of the Planet Risk Show has in fact aired!
Download Episode 17 (right click – save as, if you have stupid plugins like the quicktime one…)
Also as promised (albeit a bit late), here are the competition entries:
- Renaud’s PI cookie recipes in PDF format: Table 1 and Table 2
- Cat Dailey’s PI fitting tool in xls format
- Maxwell McRae’s QP and Lumi Impersonation in mp3 format and extra recipe and limerick in txt format
- Daemeon Fyral’s PI Chronicle in txt format
- GoodOleBoy’s PI Dictionary documentary in wav format
- Faint Resolution’s PI Directed Graphs Algorithm
- Ettess’s one liner entry: “IMO Anything that gives me more moolah is good.”
- Silicon Buddha’s PI Opinion Piece in mp3 format
- Scott Campbell’s free plex oneliner attempt: “i think pi is going to be great, moving npc goods over to beign player made weill give industrialists somethign else they can use ot make money, and will hopefully make players think abotu whether or not they need that tower and reevaulate the mods they chose to put on them”
- Meikura G’s PI Literature piece in txt format
- Sam Ramsay Waste of time one liner attempt: “I think that pi is a big waste of ccp’s time when they could fix many problems from the last expansions. 1st of all the lag, blackscreens and grid problems is alot bigger problem and should be dealt with first. I personally think that pi needs to be set back befor the domination issues are dealt with. I have tried PI on the test server and it looks like a cool edition to the eve but what problems will it bring and will they leave like domination or continue to improve it time will tell. That is all”
- Draugy’s PI Poem in txt format
CONGRATULATIONS. YOU WON A FREE PLEX!
Good.. now that I have your attention… I can proceed with the actual content of this post =)
The more ambitious a project is, the harder it disappoints when it doesn’t come to fruition. As such, it so seems that pod pilots are too scared (or maybe too lazy) to record themselves talking about Planetary Interaction while imitating Quiv and me. Not a single submission.. /emoragequit…
Maybe you guys are filthy rich and don’t need any more ISKies, but we still have 5 PLEX to give out, and since the pen is mightier than the sword (or in this case, the keyboard is mightier than the microphone), we are not only extending the competition until the end of the month, but we’re also changing the rules a bit. So..
- Either record yourself talking OR write something about Planetary Interaction. Once again, the content can be anything. Review, Guide, Rant, Fiction or Cookie recipes.
- Send it to email@example.com
- Deadline is on May 31st
- All entries will be played/read aloud on the June 2nd show. The authors of the best 5 will win themselves a PLEX each.
- Singing is not forbidden (heaven forbid…)
- In the event that we don’t get enough submissions, all remaining PLEX will be donated to the FFFFFFF (Federal Fund for Fedo Freedom Fighter’s Families)
Our master plan was to finish our PLEX giveaway competition the same day as Tyrannis’ release. Apparently though, Tyrannis is not just yet ready and it has been pushed back for a May 26th release. As such, we’re also pushing back our competition until the 26th, in order to coincide with the release, and of course announce the winners on the Planet Risk Show Season 2 Premiere episode.
So, don’t hesitate pilots. There’s still time to submit your impersonations, but not that much.
CSM Elections are open – Due to RL constraints we won’t be doing a CSM debate series like last time, but it’s very important to Go Vote!
SI Radio officially supports (in alphabetical order):
PLEX Giveaway – 8 days left – turn-in your submission!
PS: don’t try to be too professional about it and miss-out on the opportunity to win free PLEXes
Recruitment is officially closed – Thanks to all who applied!
We will re-open recruitment again probably end of May for any specific needs.
During the past year you people have gotten in touch with us and expressed the fact that for some of you we have been an inspiration. You followed into our footsteps, or took our endeavors as an example and ventured forth into exciting adventures. For a while too you wanted to be like us, and that is fairly understandable too… We’re Greek… We’re drunk.. what’s not to like there? =P
But for those of you who exceed the sane levels of fandom (or those who’d just like to pocket a PLEX for their toon) while you’re waiting eagerly for Tyrannis to launch, we’re offering you the opportunity to be even more like us and put your voice out there about the upcoming Planetary Interaction… literally.
What you need to do
Record yourself talking for a maximum of 5 minutes. In that recording you should:
- Talk about Planetary Interaction. It can be a review, an insight, a rant, a prophecy, a guide, a story or whatever
- Impersonate Luminus Aardokay or Quivering. It could be a voice imitation, style, inflections, poor grammar, lousy pronunciation, bad puns or anything that makes you sound like.. uh.. us =)
- Try to be funny. We are. Or at least we think we are =)
You can produce the clip if you so wish, adding sound effects or even music, but in the case of music since we are going to play all submitted clips on our show and podcast you can only use EVE’s music as well as the EVE Project tracks by AlienHand. Save it as an .mp3 (44khz 128kbs 16bits Stereo will suffice) and send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must come in by May 18th. We’ll play all of them on May 19th‘s Tyrannis special show and the 5 clips we deem to be the best will each win their authors a PLEX. Make sure to include your pilot’s name in the mail.
Dare to be us, pilot!
(no matter how scary that might sound…)